D-Link DHP-540 PowerLine AV 500 4-Port Gigabit Switch
From the Manufacturer|
Up to 500 Mbps speed, 4 gigabit Ethernet ports, push-button connectivity - Extend your PowerLine network to up to 4 of your favorite devices anywhere in your home.
OverviewPowerLine uses a building’s existing electrical wiring to turn any power outlet into a fully functioning Ethernet port and transform your entire home into a wall-to-wall network, instantly. Now you can take that same revolutionary PowerLine technology and extend your network to give up to 4 of your favorite connected devices their own gigabit Ethernet port, up to 500 Mbps speed, and advanced QoS prioritization for seamless digital entertainment anywhere in your home or small office. Just pair the Switch with any PowerLine AV Adapter and that’s it – D-Link’s push-button connectivity and security will set up your network, instantly.Pair your switch with any of our PowerLine AV Adapters. Or Check out the PowerLine DHP-541 PowerLine AV 500 Gigabit Switch Kit. It has everything you need to build a wall-to-wall home network, instantly.
Give Your Favorite Devices Their Own Prioritized Gigabit Ethernet Port. They’ll Love You For It.Boasting transfer rates up to 500Mbps and D-Link’s QoS Traffic Optimization Technology Engine to prioritize bandwidth, the PowerLine AV 500 4-Port Gigabit Switch has the performance and the smarts to handle any digital demands you can throw at it. High performance online gaming or seamless 1080p HD video streams always get top bandwidth priority. With this switch in your home or office you can organize and manage your traffic flow and get the most out of your broadband connection. Go Ahead: Skype, download, stream, chat, game, surf – PowerLine lets you do it all at once, from anywhere in your home without annoying glitches or lags in your digital entertainment.Pair your switch with any of our PowerLine AV Adapters. It gives you everything you need to build a wall-to-wall home network, instantly.
Connect to Anything, Anywhere: PowerLine Meets Your Digital Demands.Run your desktop and multiple laptops off your wireless router upstairs and simultaneously power and prioritize bandwidth for your entire digital entertainment center in the basement. With a PowerLine AV 500 4-Port Gigabit Switch you can extend any existing PowerLine network to deliver up to 500Mbps speed and connectivity over the existing wiring of your building’s electrical system. HDTVs, the Boxee Box by D-Link, Blu-Ray Players, network storage drives, Xbox®
360, Playstation 3, security cameras - power them all, all at once, without annoying glitches or lags. With a PowerLine AV 500 4-Port Gigabit Switch you not only have the freedom to connect your favorite devices anywhere you need them, but also the 500 Mbps speed and advanced QoS optimization to prioritize heavier traffic, and deliver seamless digital entertainment.Need more coverage? Check out our individual AV Adapters and extend your PowerLine network exactly where you need it.
Create a Wall-To-Wall Home Network, Instantly.PowerLine technology transmits data along the wiring of a building’s existing electrical system, providing a secure and reliable broadband connection to places impossible to reach with a wireless signal. Use your PowerLine AV 500 4-Port Gigabit Switch to extend your PowerLine network and deliver performance up to 500Mbps connectivity exactly where you need it. Just connect your Internet source device to any PowerLine Adapter, plug the PowerLine AV 500 4-Port Gigabit Switch into any electrical outlet, and connect up to 4 high-performance devices to the Switch. Power your entertainment center and keep your home clean and cable-free. PowerLine is the ideal networking solution for homes or small offices where concrete walls, successive floors in multi-storied buildings, or other architectural impediments can significantly weaken wireless coverage and create dead spots.Need to build a PowerLine network from scratch? Check out the PowerLine AV Adapter Starter Kit. It has everything you need to build a custom PowerLine network from the ground up.
Get Wireless Freedom and Wired Reliability.Because a PowerLine Network is hard-wired, there is no external ‘ambient’ interference common to even the most powerful wireless systems. PowerLine network technology is HomePlug AV compliant and works across phases in your building’s electrical box to transmit data reliably by intelligently adapting to the strongest signal channels. Data and electricity transmit at very different frequencies, so there’s never a problem of electrical interference or shorting with a PowerLine device.
Setup? PowerLine is Plug and Play. And That’s It.Extending your PowerLine network to your favorite high-performance devices with a PowerLine AV 500 4-Port Gigabit Switch is a cinch. Just plug it in to any conventional power outlet and D-Link’s ‘Simple Connect’ button will establish a 128-bit security encrypted connection with your existing PowerLine network in a flash. With a PowerLine AV 500 4-Port Gigabit Switch there are no cables to run, holes to drill or wireless signals to configure – extending your existing PowerLine network is as easy as plug and play.
Create An Ultra-Secure Home Network.The PowerLine AV 500 4-Port Gigabit Switch protects your network with 128-bit AES data security encryption – the same technology used in E-commerce or online banking. Create your own network name and password or put it at the tip of your fingers with ‘Push Button Security’ standard on every PowerLine device. With hassle-free plug and play installation, and advanced security the PowerLine AV 500 4-Port Gigabit Switch is not only one of the fastest networking solutions available, it’s also one of the safest.
Get Ready for the Future - IPV6 EquippedWith the growing number of Internet-enabled applications requiring IP addresses, the supply of IP addresses under the current Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) system has already been exhausted. The IPv6 protocol solves this network addressing exhaustion by creating more IP addresses, but migration from IPv4 to IPv6 is not necessarily automatic. No worries - This D-Link product is IPv6 Certified and ready for the future.
PowerLine Network devices automatically power down when not in use or connected, and the LEDs have a manual ‘disable’ switch to conserve energy. D-Link Green devices provide eco-friendly alternatives without compromising performance. They are designed to help conserve energy, protect our environment from harmful substances and reduce waste by using recyclable packaging. To learn more about D-Link Green, please visit: www.dlinkgreen.com.
- Goes into power-saving mode when no data link is detected after 5 minutes
- Complies with the EU RoHS directive that restricts the use of certain hazardous materials
- Uses soy ink and recyclable packaging to reduce harmful environmental waste
- Extend a PowerLine network to up-to 4 of your favorite high performance devices
- PowerLine technology transmits data over your building’s existing electrical wiring
- High bandwidth Gigabit ports for high-bandwidth entertainment
- Up to 500 Mbps data transfer rates for HD video, gaming and Skype calls on multiple devices at the same time
- QoS Traffic Optimization Technology to prioritize high bandwidth traffic
|Maximum Phy Rate||
|Powerline Frequency Band||
|Powerline Modulation Scheme||
|Product specifications, size, and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted on the package. See inside package for warranty details. D-Link PoweLine AV 500 Adapters (DHP-500AV) may coexist with but are not compatible or interoperable with D-Link PowerLine HD Ethernet Kit (DHP-301) or D-Link PowerLine HD Network Starter Kit (DHP-303). This product is designed for use in the USA and Canada. Use of this product in other countries might violate local laws.|
- 1 Maximum throughput based on theoretical transmission PHY rate. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of traffic and network overhead, may lower actual data throughput rate. Interference from devices that emit electrical noise, such as vacuum cleaners and hair dryers, may adversely affect the performance of this product. This product may interfere with devices such as lighting systems that have a dimmer switch, short wave radios, or other powerline devices that do not follow the HomePlug Powerline Alliance standard.
- 2 1-Year Limited Warranty available only in the USA and Canada.
Create a home network using your home's electrical outlets
Turn your entire home into a wall-to-wall network with the D-Link PowerLine AV 500 4-Port Gigabit Switch. With a PowerLine Switch, you can extend any existing PowerLine network to deliver up to 500Mbps speed over the existing wiring of your electrical system. Just connect your Internet source device to any PowerLine Adapter (not included), plug the Switch into any electrical outlet, and connect up to 4 devices to the Switch. It's the ideal networking solution for homes or small offices with weak wireless coverage and dead spots. Plus, the Switch even features 128-bit AES data security encryption – the same technology used in E-commerce or online banking.
- Extend any existing PowerLine network to deliver up to 500Mbps speed and connectivity over the existing wiring of your building’s electrical system
- PowerLine transmits data along the wiring of a building’s existing electrical system, providing a secure and reliable broadband connection to places impossible to reach with a wireless signal
- Optimized for use with entertainment systems, including Blu-Ray Players, gaming devices, and more, as well as home offices
- Just connect your Internet source device to any PowerLine Adapter, plug the PowerLine AV 500 4-Port Gigabit Switch into any electrical outlet, and connect up to 4 high-performance devices to the Switch
- Ideal networking solution for homes or small offices where concrete walls, successive floors in multi-storied buildings, or other architectural impediments can significantly weaken wireless coverage and create dead spots
- Protects your network with 128-bit AES data security encryption – the same technology used in E-commerce or online banking
- HomePlug AV compliant and works across phases in your building’s electrical box to transmit data reliably by intelligently adapting to the strongest signal channels
Note: A DHP-500, DHP-306AV, DHP-W306AV adapter, or DHP-1320 PowerLine Router is required to create a PowerLine network (Additional equipment not included)
- PowerLine AV 500 4-Port Gigabit Switch
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Cord
- Color: Black
- Standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, Compatible with IEEE 1901, HomePlug AV
- Ethernet Interface: Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Port with Auto MDI/MDIX, RJ-45 Connector
- Maximum Phy Rate: 500 Mbps
- Powerline Frequency Band: 2MHz to 70zMHz QoS
- QoS: Integrated QoS prioritizes media and data
- Security: 128-bit AES encryption
- Powerline Modulation Scheme: OFDM Symbol Modulation
- Power Input: 100 ~ 240V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Operating Temperature: 30F to 104F
- Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% non-condensing
- Dimensions: 3.9" x 2.8" x 2.1" (W x D x H, Approx)
- Weight: 0.55lbs (250 g)
- Warranty: One Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- UPC: 790069348990
- Mfr's Part #: DHP-540