One Hour Photo (DVD Movie)
A desperately lonely man with no real life of his own
Robin Williams delivers his "finest hour" (USA Today) in "one of the most absorbing, effective thrillers in years" (NBC-TV). Sy "the photo guy "Parrish (Williams) has lovingly developed photos for the Yorkin family since their son was a baby. But as the Yorkins' lives become fuller. Sy's only seems lonelier, until he eventually believes he's part of their family. When "Uncle" Sy's picture-perfect fantasy collides with an ugly dose of reality, what happens next "has the spine-tingling elements of the best psychological thrillers! (The New York Observer)
Robin Williams reveals his darker side in this taut psychological thriller, starring as Sy Parrish, a mentally unbalanced photo development clerk who becomes obsessed with a picture-perfect suburban family. Sy has watched Nina (Connie Nielsen) and Will Yorkin (Michael Vartan) celebrate happy occasions through their snapshots for years. But when the flawless façade he's created for himself starts to crumble, he takes matters into his own hands.
- Writer/Director/Actor Commentary
- Anatomy of a Scene "Sundance Channel Featurette
- "Making Of" Featurette
- "The Charlie Rose Show" Interview with Robin Williams and Mark Romanek
- Theatrical Trailer and TV Spots
- Semour "Sy" Parrish (Williams) runs the photo processing department at a large discount store.
- Sy is dedicated to his job, and takes great pride in his work.
- Sy's favorite customers are Nina and Will Yorkin (Connie Nielsen and Michael Vartan), an attractive and cheerful young couple with a nine-year-old boy, Jake (Dyland Smith).
- Sy dotes on the Yorkins and their son whenever they drop off film to be processed - something they've been doing quite often ever since Jake was born, and Nina and Will are indulgent of Sy's attentions, regarding his as a harmless eccentric. What the Yorkins don't know is Sy is a desperately lonely man with no real life of his own, and he's been obsessively making copies of their photos, for years, imagining himself to be "Uncle Sy," a member of the family.
- Sy's tenuous hold on reality begins to collapse when he develops a roll of film brought in by a new customer that suggests Will has been unfaithful to Nina; the notion that his ideal family may be falling apart is troubling enough for Sy, and when he loses his job, Sy reaches the breaking point.
- Cast: Robin Williams, Michael Vartan
- Director: Mark Romanek
- Format: DVD - Fullscreen
- Color: Yes
- Rating: R
- Runtime: 96 Minutes
- UPC: 024543683261
- Mfr's Part #: 68326